Looking for best toothpaste in India ?
Great you have come to the right place because Freshness and Positivity are the synonyms to a beautiful morning.
Don’t you feel motivated and enthusiastic the whole day, when you get to breathe fresh air early in the day time?
The soothing and cool breeze fills your mind with energy and direct you towards a productive and fruitful day.
This freshness not only implies to inhaling, but also exhaling of your good breath.
It is highly important for any one, whether it is you or me, to inhale as well as exhale fresh air.
Therefore, to produce good breath, it is imperative for us to choose the right toothpaste according to our oral needs.
Though, there are hundreds of toothpastes, available in Indian market, but you must choose the right one as per your needs and budget.
For a descriptive buyers guide you can refer at the end of this article, where all the important factors to be considered before buying, are discussed in detail. For now, we will talk about the top 10 toothpaste in India and their details.
Also, you can consult your doctor, in case you have medical oral problems and ask him for a medicated toothpaste to cater your respective area of issue.
Following are the few factors, in accordance to which you can categories your need for the specific toothpaste:
- 1Purpose: Every toothpaste comes with varied ingredients, formed to serve a purpose. Therefore, your choice of toothpaste should be based on the idea behind your purchase or the results you want to achieve from that toothpaste.
- 2Budget: Though, most of the toothpastes are pocket friendly, still some medicated toothpastes are little costlier. So, you can do a proper research before you opt for the best one suitable for you.
- 3Taste: The taste of the toothpaste is one important factor, which helps us to bind with the product and which actually leads to the popularity of the paste.
- 4Prolonged freshness: This is another very important aspect, which decides for the continuity of the toothpaste. The ingredients present in the paste, can help you decide for the same.
This article will focus on the top 10 toothpaste in India and will provide you a detailed feature list of all along with their pros and cons. This will surely help you to choose toothpaste according to your need and requirement.
We Highly recommend you to read the Toothpaste Buying Guide at the end of this article to get in-depth knowledge about latest Toothpaste technologies and tips on making an informed decision about which product to buy for your needs 🙂
Top 10 Best Toothpaste in India (2020)
Although my favorite among all is Dabur Red Ayurvedic Toothpaste but you must check all of them to make your buying decision.
(Slide the table left to check more details)
Clove Oil, Satva, Tomar + 10 natural ingredients
Relieves from pain, weak gums, plaque and frequent bleeding
Bishop Weed, Pomegranate, False black pepper, Neem, Five leaved Chaste Tree and Triphala
Strengthens Gums, relieves from toothache and other dental problems
Light and natural
Maintains oral hygiene, best for sensitive teeth
According to flavour
Meswak extract, Calcium carbonate, Silica, Ticlosan and many other
Eliminates oral problems
Enter your text here...
Sodium Flouride and Triclosan
Fights off oral dental probkems
Peppermint, Max crystals
Great for fighting against cavity
Max Fresh cooling
Triclosan, Calcium Carbonate + many others
Removes plaque, tartar and bad breath
Fresh and effective
Neem, Turmeric, Babool, Cloves, Akarkara and many others
Perfect solution for a number of dental problems
Little bitter and natural
Zinc particles and mint with other components
Fights off bad breath and tooth decay problems
Fresh Eucalyptus taste
20 natural herbs
Naturally cures dental issues
1. Dabur Red Ayurvedic Toothpaste:- provides complete dental care
Choosing the right toothpaste is certainly not an easy choice, especially when you have so many options in the market.
Dabur Red Ayurvedic is not only one complete solution for all dental problems but is a magical mixture of modern and traditional medicinal technologies.
Dabur red toothpaste ingredients are like Tomar, Clove oil and 11 other powerful substances.
This toothpaste is a great routine cure for the oral problems.
The composition is used in a perfect manner to cater all the problems of dental care that are generally suffered by us.
Following are the features, which make this toothpaste as one of the best Ayurvedic toothpaste in India. This is fluoride free toothpaste in India.
- It has all the natural ingredients, which has no side effect
- Natural ingredients make it highly effective as a pain killer
- Results in stronger and healthier teeth
- Keeps you away from major dental problems
- Acts on the problem of sensitivity
- Bitter taste
- Not generally liked by children
2. Himalya Herbals Complete Care Toothpaste
A complete package for oral hygiene, this toothpaste results in healthy gums, strong teeth and fresh breath.
If you like the taste of Neem and are looking for an advanced herbal dental solution, then this toothpaste can work wonders for you.
It comes with the qualities of herbs like Bishop Weed, Pomegranate, False black pepper, Neem, Five leaved Chaste Tree and Triphala.
These herbs empower the paste to act all day giving you a fresh teeth and problem free gums that is why Himalya Herbal is considered best paste for teeth in India.
It also has antioxidants and astringent essence, which helps to guard teeth from free radicals.
Due to its excellent reviews this product is considered as one of the best natural toothpaste in India.
- A natural solution to Oral care
- No side Effects
- Fights against Dental Plaque and Gum Inflammation
- Keeps your mouth fresh for a longer period
- Works on Toothaches
- Natural - taste not liked by some people
3. Sensodyne Sensitive Toothpaste- Repair & Protect
A renowned dental solution for sensitive teeth, Sensodyne Sensitive is the best toothpaste recommended by dentist in India.
It is not only clinically proven but it also has effective results which provide relief for long hours from the unbearable sensation in the teeth.
Also, it comes with an active ingredient call NOVAMIN.
This substance not only acts effectively on providing relief to the sensitive teeth but also works upon the repairing of the sensitive areas.
It works by forming a reparative layer over your sensitive areas of teeth and allows you to enjoy your food without the odd feeling of sensation.
Our team recommended this product as budget friendly fluoride toothpaste in India.
- Acts upon effectively
- Repairs the sensitive area
- Highly recommended by doctors
- Clinically tested
- Forms a harder protective layer to sensitivity
- Many people complain of its taste
4. Dabur Meswak Toothpaste- Complete Oral Care
Meswak Toothpaste, from ages has been known as a great agent to fight against the problems of tooth decay.
Dabur is well-known Indian brand toothpaste from very long time.
Dabur has rightly used this product by mixing it with right components and producing a healthy and preventive measure to dental issues.
With ingredients like Meswak extract, Calcium carbonate, Silica, Ticlosan and many other.
This product offers a complete herbal solution to your oral healthcare.
Moreover, it offers you a refreshing feel and takes away the bad breath for long hours.
It comes with antibacterial, astringent and anti- inflammatory powers which helps in fighting germs.
It not only strengthens the grip of gums but also reduces there swelling respectively.
Due to its herbal solution this product is considered as one of the best herbal toothpaste in India.
- Medicinal properties of Meswak
- Fights against all oral healthcare problems
- Maintains oral hygiene
- Gives strong grip to gums
- Removes malodour
- Taste is little bitter
5. Colgate Total Advanced Health Anticavity Toothpaste: Advanced Health
Coming from the most trusted brand of India, this toothpaste is gaining popularity because of its advanced properties.
It is highly beneficial for you, if you have oral problems, may be in, tongue, gums, teeth or cheeks.
It provides a protective shield to all the parts by fighting off germs for 12 long hours.
This is also one of the clinical proven pastes for the whitening of teeth help you instantly to solve the problems of tartar and plaque.
Moreover, it has been used form ages as a family toothpaste and many generations have relied on it efficacy.
This is why it is considered as best toothpaste for teeth.
Colgate total advanced creates a germ barrier and therefore maintains a balanced hygiene inside the whole mouth.
- Clinically proven
- Total solution for oral healthcare
- 12 hour long protection from germs
- Helps to make teeth strong
- Unique and effective germ build up
- Advanced formula for whole mouth
- The prices are shooting up with time
6. Colgate Max Fresh Anti- Cavity Toothpaste, peppermint ice
Known for its rejuvenating taste and feel, Colgate Max Fresh Anti- Cavity toothpaste, is the best Indian brand toothpaste, if you suffer from bad breath.
It fills you with instant freshness and intense cooling effect. The max fresh crystals are meant to give you a cooling effect and freshens your breath.
This toothpaste works perfectly for treating cavity and tartar problems.
The peppermint effect can aid you in a great way to whiten your teeth if you use is regularly.
Moreover, the authenticity of the brand can always be trusted upon, which is the biggest positive factor for all the products of Colgate.
Colgate Max Fresh is considered as one of the best teeth whitening toothpaste in India.
- Provides super cooling effect
- Comes with advanced technology
- Great solution for vegetarians
- Fights off bad breath and cavity
- Max fresh crystals work intensely
- Should not be used in large quantity
7. Pepsodent Germicheck Toothpaste
As the name suggests, this toothpaste is perfect to keep a check on germs and fight against the problem of plaque and tooth decay.
If you are suffering from dental issues like bad breath, tooth aches or weak teeth, then it can serve as a great answer to all your problems.
The paste is highly effective as it keeps on working for long hours even after brushing.
Also, if you are suffering from plaque and cavity, then it is a complete dental solution for you.
Additionally, the credibility of the Pepsodent Company is one aspect, which keeps you attached with its products and services.
That is why it is considered as best Indian toothpaste brands in India.
- Fresh breath for long hours
- Comes with a germicheck formula
- Perfect solution for toothache and decay
- Whitening agents
- Removes stains and cavity
- Does not produce foam
8. Patanjali Dant Kanti: Dental Cream
A not so very old brand and product, Patanjli Dant Kanti has started to be widely used in and across the country.
Recently this brand emerges as highly selling Indian toothpaste brands in India.
We are sure you would agree with the fact that in a very less span of time, Patanjali Dant Kanti has made a special place at our homes.
The effective results of the toothpaste has proven its claims right and is working as a medicinal solution to our dental problems.
You can use this paste in case you have any teeth problem, whether its plaque, or toothache or stains.
It works as a magical wand to all your oral pains.
Dant Kanti ingredients are like Neem, Turmeric, Babool, Cloves, Akarkara and many others, which makes it credible for use.
- Highly effective
- Fights off dental problems
- Composed of Natural ingredients
- Gifts fresh breath
- Makes your smile beautiful
- Low price
- Little unpleasant due to natural herbs
9. Close Up ever Fresh Eucalyptus Mint Toothpaste
A promising product to never leave you along in tough situations, this toothpaste offers 12 hours ever shine and long lasting freshness.
The magical power of your smile can be creatively used , if you are continuously using this product.
Close Up paste is highly effective for tooth decay and considered as best toothpaste for yellow teeth.
With its Zinc particles, it helps you to wade off the yellow film from your teeth and the fresh taste of Eucalyptus gives a long lasting freshness to your mouth.
The freeze flavour stays magically active on your teeth for considerably long time keeping you shielded from germ attacks.
- Dental care
- Whitening effect
- Long hours fresh breath
- Fights germs
- Eucalyptus Mint
- Not fit for children below the age of 4
10. Vicco Vajradanti Paste- complete natural care
A toothpaste with long history in providing medical care and solutions to people, Vicco Vajradanti is a true combination of natural Ayurvedic herbs and barks.
It is made of completely natural ingredients and has no additional chemical added to it.
Due to this feature Vicco is considered as best ayurvedic toothpaste in India.
The pure power of nature is imbibed in this powerful product and can help you manifold to solve the dental problems.
Moreover, it is a combination of more than 20 natural herbs, which means offering you a lot in a very minimal price.
The traditional medicines used in the product, help you to clean your teeth properly, treat your gums right and provides a refreshing breath.
- One of the oldest toothpastes
- Highly effective toothpaste
- Purely natural
- Ayurvedic components
- No chemicals
- Wades off problems naturally
- Due to its natural products, the taste can be little bitter
Buyer's Guide - Toothpaste Buying Guide in India
Due to endless choice sometime it becomes difficult to choose top toothpaste in India. So here are the list of few guidelines which will help you to choose which toothpaste is best for teeth in India :-
- 1The ability to fight against Tartar: You have either not brushed properly or not used the right toothpaste, if you have yellow/ black stains on your teeth. Also, it just does not look good and gives a negative impact of your personality. It is technically the duty of every toothpaste to remove the left- over food, harmful bacteria or dirty stains from your teeth, which is done by agents like silica or calcium carbonate. So, you must check the presence of these agents to ensure while choosing best toothpaste in India for bad breath.
- 2The long and stable freshness: A toothpaste which instantly makes you feel fresh as well gifts you long lasting good breath is what you require to kick start the day. Also, it enables you to spend your day with positive energy. The taste generally depends on your personal choice but it must have a pleasant and fresh texture to wake your sleeping mind early in the morning. Dabur is considered as best toothpaste for bad breath.
- 3The protection of Enamel: Most of the toothpastes, today talk about fighting against sensitivity, which is actually to protect and strengthen your enamel. Due to the change in eating habits, enamel, which forms a protective layer over our teeth, gets eroded with time. Therefore, to protect this layer, it is highly important that our toothpaste should be comprised of ingredients, which makes the enamel strong. It is also crucial because enamel cannot be regenerated by our body and its prevention from acid damage is a must function to be performed by your toothpaste.
- 4Presence of Fluoride: It is believed and approved by the American Dental Association that every toothpaste brands should have fluoride in it, to prevent you from oral problems. It is also known as one of the best toothpaste ingredients to fight against cavities. Almost all the dental care professionals recommend the use of Fluoride in the toothpaste, therefore, you must check its presence before you buy one for yourself or family. Colgate and Sensodyne are best fluoride toothpaste brands in India.
- 5Use of safe ingredients: As discussed above, Fluoride is one of the safest and most recommended ingredients for a toothpaste to result in cavity free teeth. Same ways, Triclosan is also considered to be an effective and safe chemical to be used in toothpastes. However, if you wish to choose completely natural toothpaste then its your choice entirely and you can choose from the list of natural toothpaste brands in India. Sensodyne is considered as best toothpaste in India for cavity.
- 6Irritating or allergic ingredients: Some people are allergic to certain ingredients present in the toothpastes. If you fall in that category, then please consult your doctor and let him prescribe you a suitable toothpaste accordingly. Also, always take the feedback from children if you use any new product on them. If they complaint of any reaction or pain, then you must stop the use of that product immediately and consult the nearest doctor.
- 7Budget: Though, most of the toothpastes, are economical, but you can still choose your respective toothpaste brands according to your income and make the list. Also, opting for one family toothpaste that provides complete dental care can help you save few bucks. Adding on, to bring to your notice, some medicated toothpastes, generally prescribed by dentists are little expensive, so if needed you can ask your doctor which is best toothpaste for you. Budget friendly toothpaste names are Colgate, Pepsodent, Dabur etc.
- 8For sensitive teeth: As we talked above about the sensitive teeth, the protection of enamel is truly an issue these days. Many people can be seen reporting to doctors about sensitivity or hyper sensitivity issues. These need to be dealt with proper care and vigilance. Also, you, as a customer must do a proper research before purchasing the toothpaste and make sure that it does not contain Sodium Lauryl Sulfate. It is because, it has been found that SLS causes irritation to the gums and mouth lining of some people, so it is better to be precautious in this regard. Moreover, if the sensitivity increases, it is always better to consult a doctor at the earliest. Sensodyne is considered as best toothpaste for sensitive teeth.
- 9Take care of the level of abrasiveness: One more important thing, you must make sure of is that the chemicals present in the toothpaste are not too abrasive or their presence should not be in very high content. Little abrasive products are certainly required to remove plaque and marks but too much of it can effect on the enamel.
- 10Do not follow the commercials: What we see in the advertisements is a very thick layer of toothpaste being applied on the brush, which is technically incorrect. You must apply a medium layer of toothpaste and brush softly on your teeth. Running it too harshly or energetically can impact on the gums or the enamel. Also, there is always a chance of bleeding in the gums or tongue, while brushing, if the brush mistakenly touches the respective areas.
- 11Use a dental toothbrush: Along with a good toothpaste, choosing an effective toothbrush is also an intelligent decision. Therefore, you must choose a good and branded toothbrush to help you clean your teeth and make the brushing exercise easier and productive.
Last but not the least, you should not get over convinced by the advertisements of products focusing on whitening of teeth. All these above factor will help you to choose India best toothpaste.
These are generally overhyped and you must believe your experience while deciding which is the best toothpaste in India for yellow teeth.
It is better to buy a small tube first, if you are trying a new brand or a product, then in accordance to the results achieved, you can go ahead for the bigger one. The purchase should always be based on the demand of the product and its results.
Moreover, the reviews present on the internet or the word of mouth experiences can also sometimes, prove to be highly beneficial in helping us to choose the toothpaste which suits your need.
However, at the same time, our own intelligence, experience, doctor’s advice and our own consciousness should be given the first priority towards making the final decision of purchasing best toot paste in India.