Apple’s iPhone is known for its high-security features.
To protect the data in the device the company has ensured that it cannot be hacked easily nor can the data be stolen.
However, it is necessary to back up data in the device so that in case the data has to be removed or erased from the device, it can still be retrieved from this backup.
Also, the iPhone has limited storage, so when additional space is required, some or all of the data needs to be placed on a computer system to free up memory space from the phone.
For this, it is necessary that the iPhone be connected to the computer system.
So here we will be telling you about different ways in which the iPhone can be connected to the computer.
Here we elucidate 5 different ways to link iPhone with Windows 10 PC
Connecting Using USB Cable
- 1To connect using a USB cable, take the iPhone’s original cable and insert the plug with the smaller end(type-C port) into your iPhone and the bigger end into the PC.
- 2To connect using a USB cable, take the iPhone’s original cable and insert the plug with the smaller end(type-C port) into your iPhone and the bigger end into the PC.
Note: The first time you connect both the devices it is necessary to install USB drive onto the PC.
This is done automatically in Windows 10 the moment it detects a new device. However, if this process does not take place then plug in and out the USB cable from the PC and iPhone for a few times until the system detects the device.
- 3As soon as both the devices are connected you will see a popup window on the screen of your PC and also there will be a message on the iPhone asking for permission to access photos and videos on the device, select the "Allow" tab.
Connecting Through Bluetooth
- 1Bluetooth of Windows 10 PC can be switched on in two ways: The first way is to go to Actions Center Notification and then turn on the Bluetooth by clicking on the Bluetooth icon.The second way is to click on Start, then go to Settings under that you will find Devices, click on it, there you will find the Bluetooth option along which is a slide bar move it to the right side to turn it on.
- 2On swiping the iPhone screen upwards, the Bluetooth icon will appear there, tap on it to turn it on.
- 3After the Bluetooth of both the devices is turned on your iPhone will detect your PC. Under the devices available option, look for the name of your PC and select it. A pop up will appear on your PC asking if the passkey matches with that on your iPhone. Click on yes if it is a match.
Once the devices are connected, you can transfer all the audio, video, documents or any other files from the iPhone to the PC.
Video: How to Transfer Files from iPhone to PC
Sync and backup iPhone Using iTunes
It is very easy to sync iPhone with Windows 10 PC using iTunes.
- 1First go to the website apple.com, download and install iTunes. Then on your Windows 10 PC open iTunes.
- 2Use USB cable to connect the iPhone and the PC. Then click on iTunes. Instead of this you can also straight away go to iTunes and select "Sync with this iPhone over Wi-Fi". However, it is a time taking process.
- 3While connecting the iPhone for the first time to the computer if you select the checkbox right next to "Automatically sync when this iPhone is connected", then from the next time onwards whenever the computer detects the iPhone nearby it will automatically connect and sync with it. If you want to control the sync option manually, then leave that box unchecked and when you connect the device to the computer turn the "Sync" button on whenever you wish to.
- 4To create a backup of your iPhone, click on the button "Back up now". If you want to create a backup on the computer then select the options present beside "This computer". To create a backup in the iCloud, select the tab near "iCloud".
Connect iPhone to Windows 10 PC
Ever since the Fall Creator update, the 1803 version of Windows 10 gives the option to link the phone to Windows 10 PC. For linking your iPhone with your Windows 10 PC, you need your iPhone number to sign in to Windows through Microsoft account.
- 1Go to the Start tab and then to Settings.
- 2Select Phone.
- 3Select the “Add a phone” option.
- 4Select your country code from the drop-down list, enter your phone number, and then click "Send". You will receive a message on your iPhone.
- 5The message that you receive on your iPhone will ask to install the app and sign in to connect your phone with your PC. Click on the link in the message to install Edge on your device.
- 6Once the installation of Edge is done, follow the instructions that come up on your iPhone screen to sign into Edge through your Microsoft account.
- 7Once you have signed in you will see that the iPhone is now connected to your PC.
- 8Open Microsoft Edge on iPhone and tap on the share icon.
- 9Once your iPhone is linked to the PC, select a computer name. The edge browser will automatically open on that PC.
Sharing files from iPhone to Windows 10 PC using iCloud
- 1Go to the settings of your iPhone and select iCloud.
- 2Sign in by using an Apple ID password. Open iCloud Drive and switch it on by moving the slide bar to the right, so that apps can store all kinds of data and files in there.
- 3If iCloud Drive is installed on your PC, you can open the directory to share files. If iCloud drive is not installed on your computer then you can directly access icloud.com from your web browser. Sign in with Apple login details to transfer data between iPhone and PC.
Connecting the iPhone to a PC other than Windows 10
If you have a computer with an OS older than Windows 10 then too you can connect your iPhone using the following steps mentioned above. The steps for syncing iPhone and the PC are the same.