Homemade flour is a lot more nutritious and healthier than any other packaged or loose flour you can buy in the market.
This is the main reason why people are shifting again to the age old practice.
In the olden days, “chakkis” (Hindi word for flour mill) were common in Indian households, but due to ease people started buying packaged or pre-grinded atta or flour from the market.
A home flour mill (or a chakki) is a home-based grinding machine used to get flour made out of various kinds of grains.
There are primarily two types of flour mills; one is manual, and the other is automatic. We have gone through some of the best home flour mills that companies have to offer available in the market and selected our top 7 list.
This article will make buying a flour mill an easy process for you. Let us get started.
We Highly recommend you to read the Flour Mill Buying Guide at the end of this article to get in-depth knowledge about latest flour mill technologies and tips on making an informed decision about which product to buy for your needs 🙂
Top 7 Best Flour Mills in India
Although my favorite among all is Natraj Florence but you must check all of them to make your buying decision.
Natraj undoubtedly has a huge variety of flour millers available to us in the Indian market, and this isn’t no exception either.
Let us talk about this new product launched by the company which is the Natraj Florence Automatic Domestic Flourmill Aata Maker Flour Mill. This is a feature packed home flour mill and has a lot of features as well along with fantastic performance.
The machine provides you with fresh and safe flour in just a few minutes of use. It has that wow factor in terms of look and will look great in any kitchen with that floral design.
The machine is energy efficient as well and is portable enough to be moved around with ease.
- Easy to maintain
- Flour mill is made out of food-grade ABS material which means it is safe to use for your health
- It looks great, the look is glossy and it has a beautiful floral design
- The flour doesn’t get completely 100% grounded inside of the mill which means some amount of flour is wasted when stuff if grounded
Natraj Viva Automatic Domestic Flour Mill is an economical unit using which you can grind your own grains with ease.
The home fill is pretty easy to use and has a sleek design and fits anywhere in your kitchen as it doesn’t require a lot of space.
The design has a wood finish from the front and will look good in most kitchens which have a lot of wood shelves as well
- It provides you with fresh, healthy flour at a low cost
- The flour mill runs quietly and doesn’t make a lot of noise in your home
- Easy to run, clean and maintain
- Child lock feature ensures your kid’s safety at home
- This Natraj flour mill can’t grind chillies
Haystar is a proven brand in the industry of flour mills, and it has a wide array of products you can use without compromising on any features.
Grinding your grains at home is the perfect way to lead a healthy and balanced diet and life and to make that easy for you.
Haystar wants to make that job easy for you using this product, the Haystar Domestic Flour Mill. Pounding your grains at home gives the food a wonderful taste as well.
This flour mill has a lot of great features and amazing performance, and on top of that, it comes with a reasonable price for the features provided as well
- After grains have been crushed, the machine is easy to clean and maintain in the long term
- iSafe feature means that the machine turns off automatically and no electricity is wasted in case there is no grain in the hopper
- Child safety features ensure the safety of your young ones
- Multi channel air flow means better motor cooling and long life of the machine
- Auto cleaning feature is missing unfortunately
- It costs much more than other similar home flour mills
This is probably the most stylish looking flour mill on the list.
You need to bring home this super stylish VINCENT D-210A Highrade AataMaker, Flour Mill, Ghar Ghanti, Atta Chakki, Domestic Flour Mill for an easy and hygienic grinding of whatever you want.
There are a lot of designs this particular miller is available in as well, and it has the most choices of colour out of any other miller on this list.
The front is made of a modular cabinet as well.
- Indoor LED light means you can clearly see what is going on in the insides when the door is open (like a fridge)
- One of the most stylish flour millers on the list
- Overload protection means it automatically turns off when overloaded to protect from damage
- Has technology to detect what kind of grain has been inserted to be grounded automatically
- Can start and stop automatically without human supervision
- Not as many features as other millers on the list for the high price
Another great product in the huge line of fantastic products from Haystar is the Domestic Flour mill Deluxe (atta chakki) White Peacock Feather Fully Automatic, which has been selling really well in the marketplace for a long time now.
- The Haystar flour mill is easy to clean and maintain, and it also has a self-cleaning chamber
- It makes low noise when compared to most other flour mills
- Wheels on the bottom mean that it can be moved anywhere in your house with ease
- Some customers complain of the machine choking and stopping
Haystar have a huge inventory of successful products, and the Haystar Flour Mill Modular Wooden (Atta Chakki) Fully Automatic mill machine is another feather on its cap.
It has all the features which you can ask for from a flour mill, and it fits beautifully in your kitchen with its modern and stylish look.
- Machine parts are made of high quality materials which means that the product will be durable for the long-term
- Child safety features is an important inclusion for the safety of your dear young ones
- The machine shuts down automatically once everything has been grounded
- Capable of grounding all kinds of spices and grains
- Unfortunately, there is no vacuuming unit provided with the device
Milcent is a very well-known 70-year-old company and has a lot of mill products available in the market for sale as well.
The product is a hit in the Indian market as it has a high build quality and performance is also top-notch.
Also, this product is the only one on the list which has a voice and talking capabilities making it stand out from all the rest of the options.
- The biggest pro of this revolutionary flour milling machine from Milcent is the ability to talk and give you instructions on how to grind everything properly and safely
- Has a powerful motor and the grains, masalas, etc. are all grounded evenly and finely
- Energy-efficient product consumes little energy and gives the best possible outcome
- Unfortunately, there is no vacuum cleaner with the unit
Buyer's Guide - Flour Mill Machine Buying Guide in India
There are a lot of flour mills available in the market, and they come with various specifications and in an abundant number of shapes and sizes as well. Each year there are a plethora of releases, and it can often be difficult to decide which machine we should get.
This is an in-depth guide so you can decide which flour mill will be perfect for you. Our guide contains everything you need to know before getting the ideal flour mill of your heart’s desires. Before go into the technicalities, we should first learn why homemade flour is so much better for us.
Life nowadays has got so hectic and busy that one doesn’t have much time or one forgets to supplement their body with the much needed nutrients, minerals, and vitamins. The flour we get in the market, the makers take certain shortcuts which takes away some of the vital nutrients, minerals, and vitamins away from the flour.
This is where a home flour mill shines and is so much better. Homemade flour retains all the vital nutrients, vitamins and minerals as no shortcut is taken while grinding the grains into flour.
On top of that, it is hygienic for us, as we can grind it making sure no impurities are present in the grains.
What to Consider in Buying Flour Mills
This is where any search should start, but again it is the most non fun place to begin. We should first make a budget and stick to it, because otherwise, our search can go haywire.
Most good home flour mills cost somewhere in the middle of Rs. 12,000 to Rs. 20,000. There isn’t a lot of variety and different features to choose from, and most flour mills have multiple features in common.
Features to Check
When you go searching for the perfect home flour mill for you, you will see that across many product pages and specifications, there are terms which are mostly similar to one another and this, in turn, can confuse you heavily.
Therefore, we’re pinning down the most important things you should be looking out for while buying a flour mill. These features are:
Types of Flour Mills
There are four major types of machines primarily sold in the market. They are detailed below:
Pros of Flour Mills at Home
There are various kinds of advantages associated with a home flour mill. Some of them are listed below: